Lavender oil smells lovely doesn’t it? It’s calming for the body, both physically and emotionally. Believe it or not but lavender essential oil that is very versatile. You can use it for so many things: relax before you sleep, use it for your next message or foot rub, disinfect cuts and scrapes.
- Calm your mind: Having a stressful day? Simply inhale the scent to calm your mind. You may choose to place a few drops in your hands and inhale, or you can actually rub lavender oil right onto your temples for an immediate feeling of calm.
- Get some sleep: If you have trouble sleeping, sprinkling a few drops of lavender oil directly onto your pillow will have you drifting off in no time.
- Bee stings and bug bites: Put one drop of lavender oil right onto the sting or bug bite. This will combat itching and will reduce the swelling.
- Minor burn pain: If you have a light burn, add a few drops of lavender oil. This will ease the pain and will get rid of the redness.
- Disinfects: Lavender oil is an antiseptic, so it is perfect for cleaning wounds. Got a cut? Immediately put a little lavender oil on it. Not only will it disinfect, it will also help stop the bleeding. In fact, it is so good a stopping bleeding, you can also use it for a nose bleed. Just put a few drops on a tissue, wrap the tissue around a chip of ice, and then put this at the base of your nose until the bleeding stops.
- Motion sickness, morning sickness, nausea: Lavender oil really is good for what ails you! No matter what is causing your nausea, be it motion sickness, morning sickness or a good old upset stomach, this works. To cure nausea, just put some lavender oil behind your ears, or one drop on the end of your tongue.
- Dry skin and chapped lips: Just rub a few drops of this essential oil on dry skin or chapped lips and feel immediate relief! This goes for sunburned lips, too. Ahhh! Relief.
- Dandruff: Dandruff can be ‘cured’ with lavender oil. Really! You just need to add a few drops to your shampoo and/or conditioner. Or you can choose to rub several drops directly onto your scalp. This works because it helps to alleviate the dry skin of the scalp, which is all that dandruff really is.
- Hay fever: If you have hay fever, inhaling lavender oil right from the bottle, or from the palm of your hands, will get rid of symptoms. Or you can add a few drops to boiling water, place a towel over your head, and lean over the pan. Inhale the steam and breathe freely again.
- Get rid of cold sores: Yes, that is right! A drop of lavender oil will actually make your cold sore disappear.
- Enhance flavor: If you add a few drops of lavender oil to baked goods, chocolate desserts or even salad dressings you will really notice the flavors pop!